The new taskbar in Windows 7 has many new features and advantages over the old Windows XP taskbar.
Some new features:
- Preview an item with Aero Peek by hovering over the icon with your mouse
- Rearrange icons by clicking and dragging
- Pin a program to the taskbar for quick access later. This will keep an icon for that program on the taskbar that will launch with a single-click.
Change the size of the icons, or make it look more like Windows XP:
Do you find the small icons to be too small, or the large ones too big? Here’s how to change the size:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select “Properties.”
- Check or uncheck the “Use small icons” box
- Click OK
Do you want the taskbar to look more like the familiar Windows XP taskbar? Here’s how: