Archive for category Outlook
I just received an awesome tip from a colleague. Over the years, our Outlook builds up lists of suggested email addresses that are displayed when we type in a new email. As people change email addresses, or for a variety of other reasons, many email addresses will either become invalid or simply no longer needed.
Here is an easy way to remove those suggestions from the list:
- While typing a new email, watch for invalid suggestions as you type
- When you see a suggestion that you would like to remove, use the keyboard to arrow down to the culprit
- Hit Delete
Many Outlook users know how to set a follow up flag on an email. If that’s not enough to ensure action, you can set a reminder so that there’s no excuse for not responding.
- Set a follow up flag on an email by clicking on the flag icon in your inbox.
- Right-click on the flag to set a reminder.
- Select a date/time for the reminder and click OK.
Now you will get a pop-up reminder for the email just like a reminder for a calendar item.
There may be times when it is most convenient to draft an email that will be sent at a later date/time. Optionally, you can draft the email, save it, then manually send it at the right time. Outlook offers a more efficient way of handling such situations.
How to delay an email:
- While composing your message, click the Delay Delivery button on the Options tab of the Ribbon.
- Make sure the “Dot not deliver before” box is checked, then select a date and time to send the email.
- Click close, then send.
The email will now be sent at the specified date and time.