I have become a huge fan of keyboard shortcuts as they seem to shave precious milliseconds off the time taken to perform certain tasks with the mouse. A colleague of mine shared with me some cool keyboard shortcuts for managing windows in a multiple monitor environment:
- Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow:maximize the current window to the left/right pane of the screen
- Windows Key + Left/Right Arrow (repeated):move the window to the other monitor
- Windows Key + Shift + Left/Right Arrow:move the window to the other monitor (without an intermediary step)
- Windows Key + Up Arrow:maximize the window to the full screen
- Windows Key + Down Arrow: restore the window from being maximized/minimize the window
This post at Technospot.net has a few more useful shortcuts in this category.